Monday, January 31, 2011

a Long Winters Nap

A long winters nap I wish.It has been a very busy couple of weeks around here.My work as a fast food restaurant manager has kept me hopping as well our two kids.That doesn't mean I haven't had time for food.I have been watching lots of cooking shows and travel logs.

One thing I have been noticing lately is a movement to get back to basics with buy local.restaurants across North America have started to realize that the best ingredients are the one that come from right in your back yard.This movement has been boosted by the likes of Jamie Oliver and his food revolution.

It only make sense to try and help local people and not the large chains that are faceless with in our community.It is not easy though.With our current economic slow down people look for the best possible bargain.whether it is produce grown in Mexico for a dollar day wages or cookies produced in a third world country that are on the shelf for less money than a local retailer can even but them for.

We need to make a statement and stand up for local farmers and local retailers and help our communities first.
Now I will get off of my soap box.

No comments:

Post a Comment